My Favorite Redhead! It’s true I do love lucy. Her drive to not give up her acting career despite many early rejections. Her courage to insist on her real husband playing her television husband at a time in history when mixed couples were taboo. Her business savvy to change the way television was produced, creating reruns, and more revenue for her and her husbands production company, Desilu.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
I wish I realized how phenomenal she was when she was still alive. Looking back at the time line and realizing she had tried to come back to television in the 80’s before she had passed away in 1989. Maybe if she had lived to see the internet how it is today we would have hailed her like we do Betty White.
So Happy Birthday Lucy, We love you and miss you. May you be an ever shining star.
- Lucille Ball comedy fest starts Thursday in Jamestown, N.Y. (goerie.com)
- It’s no joke: Jamestown loves Lucy (bizjournals.com)
- 24 Interesting Tidbits You May Not Have Known About “I Love Lucy” (buzzfeed.com)
- PSA-Lucille Ball items up for Auction 7/30/13 (vintagewonderlust.wordpress.com)
- Lucille Ball At 19 Was Incredibly Gorgeous (buzzfeed.com)