Not to be confused with
the man from Nantucket.
A clarihew makes fun
of the one who kicked the bucket.
Ok well, I guess that was not a Clerihew according to this website http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poetryclass/clerihew.htm because
- it did not use a proper name
- the first two lines did not rhyme
- the second two lines did not rhyme
- it has to rhyme with a persons name
- it has to be funny
See if you can do a successful Clerihew! Enjoy your day! 🙂
- Hello Poetry Lovers (makezine.com)
- Clerihews and Limericks (meanderingmaya.wordpress.com)
- Last Chance – Clerihew Competition Closes Today (tap-p.com)
- “Beatrice Webb refused to be a deb” – and other centenary clerihews (newstatesman.com)