Years ago I won a ‘most conceited’ contest. The irony is I was only hiding out in the bathroom because 1) I was terminally shy and too scared of people to interact with them. And 2)There were some boys who were after me for a date, and that brought another layer of fright with it. However, somehow in the process of hiding out with the bathroom mirror, I learned to like myself enough that other people didn’t scare me anymore. I became my own best friend and I will never be alone. I don’t think its narcissistic to thank my mirror for that. So today, look in the mirror, be nice to the face that you see, because they are a person too and deserve your love.
- Accepting a Compliment (bar201050.wordpress.com)
- Personal #2 (monaegunn.wordpress.com)
- Why don’t people take compliments well…. (johnjamesosborne.wordpress.com)
- Good Mirrors (wibnewton.wordpress.com)
- Positive Mirrored Affirmations (allbutconventional.wordpress.com)